Having a fast internet connection at your workplace is a necessity. In our modern world, many business functions are carried out online. Whether it is for customer engagement, marketing, or even for managing internal processes. If the internet connection is unstable and slow, it will also considerably hamper the efficiency of the business. You wouldn’t want a video that needs to be uploaded on social media to be taking up several minutes every day, would you?
Why Is Wireless Internet a Better Option?
In the past, the best way to get a stable and high-speed internet connection was to set up a wired network. Ethernet or DSL cables were much faster than wireless internet as the technology for wireless was still at its infancy. However, since then wireless technology has been improving every year. It has gotten to the point where we are able to get high-speed, stable internet even through wireless means.
This should come as good news for businesses as it brings along with it many advantages. Businesses don’t have to have a mix of both wired and wireless internet anymore. A truly wireless network can create a better business environment for the company, customers, and vendors.
If you’re still on the fence about switching to wireless internet, here are 4 benefits you should consider.
4 benefits of wireless internet in a workplace
1. Improved mobility inside the office
With wired internet, employees are forced to only access the internet via the PC it is affixed to. However, with a wireless network, your employees can move freely around the office and access what they need from anywhere. This will help improve business communications as meetings can be made more productive. Employees don’t need to spend extra time transferring files between PC’s for multiple employees to view them.
Overall, your employees will be a lot more productive and will find the flexibility more enjoyable. You are essentially giving them more freedom to work according to their own style. As a result, you will likely see better staff retention rates in the long term.
2. Accessibility for multiple devices
Many of the newer devices used in business don’t come with LAN ports. Take mobile phones and tablets as an example. These devices are used every day for meetings, taking notes, presentations, and so on. Without a wireless network, you would either have to spend on individual mobile carriers for each device or work offline.
By incorporating wireless internet, all of these devices can be connected to the same network. New technology also allows these devices to work together seamlessly while on the network. This will speed up business operations and make your employees more productive.
3. Reduce overall costs
By integrating a wireless network, you can reduce costs in a couple of ways:
- Eliminate any wiring costs – Wired networks require cabling and additional hardware to set up. When you factor in the number of employees, this can become a significant cost. By switching to wireless, you eliminate the need for these wires as you would only require a few routers for the entire space.
- BYOD policy – Bring Your Own Device is a relatively new concept being accepted by businesses. It essentially means that employees bring their own devices to the workplace. In a wired network, this would not be possible because they would have to spend on internet packages from their own wallets. However, with a wireless network, employees can access the internet at any time for free. By allowing employees to bring their own devices, the business can cut down on purchasing additional devices for them.
4. Improve the customer experience
This applies to businesses that have customers visiting their premises. Enabling free access to the internet inside the workplace can have multiple advantages. A couple of them are:
- The use of Point-Of-Sale systems – These systems will help the customer have a more personalized experience with the business. Employees can assist these customers on the system to make purchases or avail offers. These systems require internet access.
- Information gathering – Customers and employees can both access information at the premises. Employees can use their mobile devices to find product information and make sales. Customers can learn more about each product by searching for it on the business website.
Wireless internet is still improving. Over time, new technology will bring further advantages for any business. Now is the time to invest and set up a wireless network infrastructure. Use a reliable wireless internet provider like Wireless Solutions LLC. We can help you create a secure and affordable network in your workplace.